Last Updated November 18, 2020
2. Information We Collect and Receive. We collect your Personal Data to deliver the Services you request, to help improve your experience, and to support our business functions. We collect your Personal Data in a variety of ways when you interact with the Services. More information about the categories and sources of Personal Data is provided below.
2.1 Information You Provided to Us. We collect Personal Data that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information in order to use certain parts of our Services, fulfill your requests, or provide you with certain Services.
2.1.1 Registering for an Account. If you establish an account with us, we may require you to provide your name, email address, physical address, payment information, and a password to create your account. All payment data is stored by Stripe, Inc., our third-party payment processor, and you should review its privacy policies.
2.1.2 Health Information. We may also collect information about your health, age, and dietary restrictions or preferences.
2.1.4 Communicating with Us. You also may choose to send us Personal Data to communicate directly with us such as when you request support, contact us with questions or feedback or complete our surveys. You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, or (iii) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us.
2.2 Information We Obtain from Others. We may collect certain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links). We also may obtain information that does not identify you directly, but which is later used in a way that may later directly identify you. We may combine that general information with your Personal Data to provide related services to you.
2.3 Information We Obtain from Social Media. If you choose to log in to the Services through a social network or other third-party platform or otherwise connect your account on a third-party platform to your account through the Services, we may collect Personal Data about you from that platform or network. For example, this information may include your username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, email address and other contact information, and your affiliations. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information through the third-party platform, such as a list of your friends or connections.
2.4 Information We Automatically Collect. We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Services, including internet or other network activity information (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Services), and cookies and other technologies. Information collected automatically includes:
2.4.1 Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices. In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities. We may combine your information with information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
2.4.3 Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3. How We Use Your Information.
(i) Fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
(ii) Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
(iii) Provide you with additional content and Services, such as:
(b) We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services and from other sources so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including, without limitation, for research and marketing purposes
4. How We Share and Disclose Information.
4.1 Service Providers and Business Partners. We share Personal Data with unrelated companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as customer support, hosting, payment processing, analytics, email delivery, marketing, and database management services). These third parties may use your Personal Data only as authorized under our contracts with them. We may sometimes share your Personal Data with partners or enable partners to collect information directly via our Services, including when you have indicated your interest in certain products or services. Third-party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Services and other online services to help us advertise our and other services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads on their platforms to our customers and similar users.
4.2 Third-Party Platforms. We share Personal Data with social media platforms or other third-party platforms that you connect to the Services and where you authorize us to share your information with them (such as when you use options to access the Services by logging into the third-party platform).
4.3 Other Users. Other users of the Service or the public when you chose to make your profile or other Personal Data available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or other content. We do not control how other users or third parties use any Personal Data that you make available to such users or the public. Please be aware that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have a chance to edit or remove it.
4.4 Your Consent. We may share information for other purposes pursuant to your consent or with your further direction.
4.5 Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, business and channel partners, sponsors, and/or others.
4.6 Legal Reasons. We may also disclose information about you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, or a subpoena. We may also disclose information about you to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the security of our Services; to enforce or apply our Terms or other agreements; or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. We will attempt to notify our users about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority.
5. Your Choices.
(a) You can manage Cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new Cookie, and how to disable existing Cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without Cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features. In addition to the browser-based controls, you can manage third party Cookies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices/. To separately make choices for mobile apps on a mobile device, you can download DAA’s AppChoices application from your device’s app store. Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
(b) If you have registered for an account, you may access, review, and update certain Personal Data that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
(d) If you do not provide the Personal Data that we need to provide the Services, we may not be able to provide with the Services or certain functionalities. We will tell you what Personal Data that you must provide in order to receive the Services.
(e) If you choose to connect to the Services through your social media account or another third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
(f) Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Since no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
6. Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may certain rights regarding your Personal Data. If you would like to exercise any of these rights that you may have in accordance with applicable law, contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
7. Information Retention. We will retain information required to comply with privacy requests, manage active accounts, as required by law, in order to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We will retain the Personal Data that we process on behalf of our users as directed by them. We may also retain copies of your information for disaster recovery purposes, to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of Aggregate/De-Identified Information, account recovery, auditing our records.
8. Data Processing and Data Transfers. Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
9. Security. We employ a number of technical, organizational, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data.
10. Links to Third-Party Websites. The Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the website, or the privacy practices of the operator of the website.
11. Children’s Privacy. The Services are directed to individuals over the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware of any children who have provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to deactivate their account and delete the Personal Data. If you become aware of information from children, which has been provided to us, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.